Realistic Expectations For Lean Bulk - 5 Years

I am looking to all of you for some recommendations.

After spinning my wheels for two years I believe I finally have my nutrition and form on point to commence a thorough and effective bulk.

Height: 6'
Weight: 170 lbs
Age: 30
Gender: male

I am cutting until 10% or 8% fat. Previous estimates told me that would be at approximately 160 lbs, but I will edit this post once someone responds my request in the Estimate My Body Fat Thread.

Once I am at my desired leanness I plan on bulking slowly. How slowly depends on feedback I receive in this thread.

Initially I was planning the following:
Year 1 - 24 lbs
Year 2 - 18 lbs
Year 3 - 8 lbs
Year 4 - 8 lbs
Yesr 5 - 6 lbs


I am wondering if this is too much, though, for years 1 and 2? I have made strength gains dieting (and am continuing to do so) and am worried that might have taken away from my "noobie gains". I have read that we can realistically expect to gain 50 lbs naturally over our life, how does my previous intense labor job and athletics from my teenage days come into play here?

I am on a deficit averaging approximately 1.5 lb per week.

Current lifting stats and climbing:
Squat: 300 lb x 2
Deadlift: 325 lb x 2
Bench: 190 lb x 2
OHP: 140 lb x 2 (I struggle with this one)

Note these are not my true 1 rpm stats. I do not know what they are and have no desire to test for them. As long as I am progressing in the gym I am happy.

I am running nSuns LP 5 day program and plan to do continue this into my bulk. After I can no longer make weekly gains in my major lifts I will likely revert to Boring But Big.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2PigkfG

0 comments:

Post a Comment