How much should I cut before bulking? Novice needing advice

I know this question may have been asked several times but I'm still confused. First off I'm a 34 year old man, 6'4 around 220 pounds with around 25-30% body fat. I have the "skinny fat" body type.

The end goal is to bulk up a bit and put on some good solid muscle. I know I should be cutting first but I'm not sure how much of a calorie deficit I should be in over the next few weeks before transitioning into a clean bulk.

I tried to calculate my BMR online using the BMR calculator and it gave me 2,039

But I'm not sure exactly what to do with this number or if I even calculated correctly. I'll admit I'm a novice. I work 40 hours a week at a retail job and haven't exercised/worked out since college 15 years ago. I need to make a change. Any good advice would be gold. Thanks guys.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/FY7IZTG

0 comments:

Post a Comment