Is there any problem with protein powder being a primary protein source?

Hello,

I've been doing some research on this, and can't find anything about getting a majority of protein from protein powder. Most of the stuff I find is related to eating ONLY protein powder (as a meal replacement), which clearly isn't a balanced diet.

I'm a relatively picky eater... And I'm able to get a good amount of protein from alternative sources (the only meat I eat is chicken, but I've been getting sick of eating lots of it it). I know there are other ways to get protein, through plans, eggs and stuff. However, I've recently been experimenting with using protein powder in my cooking for things such as protein pancakes, protein desserts, overnight oats, etc... I'm quite happy with the results, however I'm aware that there isn't much variety in the source of protein since they all come from protein powder. While I do mix in things like eggs, chic pea pastas, and chicken throughout the days, I've come to realize that more than 60-70% of my protein intake is coming from these protein powder based meals I've been experimenting with. I know I'm strictly speaking about protein in this post, but for the sake of my question, lets assume the rest of my diet is mostly well balanced (I eat my veggies, and am getting carbs through other sources such as oats/pastas).

So to the point, is there anything wrong with such a high percentage of my protein coming from protein powders? If not, is there any harm in increasing these protein powder based meals?

Thanks in advance!


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/FRU38Hk

0 comments:

Post a Comment