cant loose weight, diet is off HELP!!

I am 5' 5", 168lbs, 46 years old, I have 23% body fat currently, probably a endo-mesomorph body type (more endo)
I have done many activities such as marathons, half marathons, Spartan race, tough mudder, half ironman, and i still weight train. Currently I am in the gym lifting weight 5-6 days per week for about 1 hour or longer, and i dont take very long rests between sets. I run 4-6 miles 2 days per week for cardio @ a 8:45 min/mile pace. alternating days slow cardio after weight training 3 days per week brisk uphill walk on treadmill for 15-20 min.

- Here is the issue:
I am trying to lose body fat and weight, i would like to be 150lbs. I used to take brown or slow glycemic index carbs and tried to stay calorie neutral in the past, but now am having trouble losing weight, I use UnderArmor my fitness pal and track macros, calories, ect.
Diet: this is where i am sure i am screwing up.. I used to take 1500 cal per day, didn't lose an ounce, then I cut it to 1300 cal per day, losing VERY slowly and seem to be on a plateau. macros: goal is 20% carbs, 35% fat, 45% protein. Honestly I usually don't go over carbs, except on cheat meals (2-3 per week) depending on how busy I am, and I NEVER hit my protein mark.

I really need some diet advice, i cannot imagine its my training at this point, are my cheat meals screwing me for the entire week? Or am I taking too many calories, too few calories? I am not loosing muscle that i can tell, strength is slowly increasing or stable on almost all exercises.

Thanks for your time.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/3rDEaox

0 comments:

Post a Comment