Seeking input

Hey all, I have been around a while but I usually just track workouts on bodyspace. I'd like some help/input.
Basic info: Male, 5'6", 38 y.o.

I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I had a very sedentary childhood. In my early 20s I did a hard weight cut and gained muscle mass. Over the years that has gone back up due to lack of care on my part I am 38 and really ready to make a change. before Rona hit, I was living on my own in Korea. I had a motorcycle accident in 2018 that shattered my ankle. Due to that and other circumstances I let myself get up to 226lbs (I don't know my fat at that point). in 2020 due to rona I moved back to the states and in with my parents. Leaving soon, which is a great thing. In 2020 I went from 226lbs and now I sit between 177 and 180 (179 most days). It has been a huge cut but I am not fully happy. I would like to get down to 170-175. It has always been easy for me to gain/bulk and stupid hard to cut. I don't know if that is because of the sedentary lifestyle or just body type.

I was going to the gym about 4 days a week but now, due to circumstances outside my control, I go 3 if I am lucky. I like the Dorian Yates blood and guts program, it is kinda my default exercise routine.

For nutrition, I try eating keto mostly and I try eating between 10 and 6 every day. After my last bit of weight loss, I have found that I do light snacking at night (after 6) but this is usually carrots or pork rinds. For daily nutrition I try and take in between 1300 and 1500 calories a day. i am trying to teach myself how to do things better. Also, my family is HORRIBLE about have snacks and junk food in the house. I feel like an alcoholic living in the liquor store. I have been, generally good about my intake though. Sugar has always been by weakness. Meals usually look like the following:

B.Fast (10AM): 1/2 avo, 2 scrambled egg (or 3 bacon, or 3 sausage small sausage), and a handful of blueberries (or 1/2 grapefruit), coffee
Snack (12PM): handful almonds (or pork rinds)
Lunch (2PM): 4oz baked chicken breast, cherry tomatoes (or broccoli or Brussel sprouts), 1 Bang energy drink
Snack (4PM): steamed apple with cinnamon and stevia
Dinner (5:30-6PM): 4 oz chicken, (veggies), coffee
I drink water throughout the day. I like carbonated stuff so usually its been bubly or perrier

So, I do this diet because right now living with my folks this is easy to prep for myself. It feels really clean but my weight seems to have basically plateaued. Also, I am finding (in the last week or so) I have several high hunger days where I can't seem to feel satiated (I do stop eating though). I don't know if this is because of my body adjusting to things or if i should see a dr. because it seems weird. Also, I have pondered doing TRT but I dunno. It just feels weird that I can't seem to get lower. I know to get lower I need a caloric deficit.

ANYWAY, sorry for the long post. just trying to give detail. i guess my question (if there is one): for anyone more knowledgeable than myself, am I on the right track? I know basics of exercise and nutrition but It helps having people to bounce ideas off of. TIA, all!

(Pics attached for comparison)
Attached Images


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/3wNmB6U

0 comments:

Post a Comment