Bouncing back from illness - diet recommendations

Hi all,

So over the last couple of years I've gone through some mental illness (bipolar) which has resulted in losing weight (about 2 stone) and I haven't been able to put it back on due to a combination of lack of consistency in eating and exercise, and just being overwhelmed by conflicting and over-complicated advice.

I've just recently started daily bodyweight workouts with the intention of switching to weights (pref kettlebells as haven't used them before) in a couple of weeks once some strength is back.

I need a diet/meal plan that is simple (not involving an enormous list of ingredients) and repeatable, so at least to get started I don't need to think too much about what's coming up...I can just cook it or grab it and eat it, 3000 calories seems a good target. Not sure if adding shakes in yet is a good idea or if it's best to wait until starting on the weights for that.

I'm 6'2 and currently just under 11 stone so a lot of work to do. My ideal weight was 12 stone but when playing rugby - which I'd like to do again - 13 was better, so that's what I want to aim for.

Any recommendations/comments?

Many thanks,
Joe


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/3q0NkJb

0 comments:

Post a Comment