DIY gainer shakes.. Cheap protein?

Okay so for alot of the gainer powders I'm seeing, it seems to just be oat flour and protein powder. So since oats are so cheap I started blending my oats into oat flour in a food processor with decent results, I'll fill the food processor twice and than have enough for the week.

I'm following "Joel's Super CHEAPER and VEGAN Complete "Soylent" " in order to get enough protein and cals in the day while also rounding out my 100% ratios, the price per serving while giving me the cals n protein I need in a day was a huge reason why I went this direction since I'm tryna sustain myself on a budget.

Ontop of this I eat one additional meal (dinner) that is meat plus rice or pasta based.

Now I'm not vegan, so keeping it vegan doesn't matter to me, I've been using whatever protein powder I get my hands on in place of the gluten flour, started with some gnc whey iso burst and than found myprotein pea/rice for half the price of the whey.

So my question is this:
Has anyone tried using Vital wheat gluten (Gluten Flour) instead of protein powder? I ask cuz its very cheap and has very high protein ratios.

Or what is some alternatives to pea/rice that are as cheap or cheaper?

Has anyone had bad experiences with gluten flour? I hear heart inflammation is something that it can cause so I'm a lil concerned about consuming a couple hundred grams of it daily... But I could maybe try supplementing with it, maybe do 75% protein powder and 25% gluten flour so I dont burn through my protein so fast?

atm a 5.5kg bag of protein powder is lasting me like 24 days, so even a 25% reduction would bring that up to a full month 30 days.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/3CLEyFi

0 comments:

Post a Comment