Bean Gains

I've been lifting on and off for around 9 years, and I've seen all kinds of products and supplements. Protein powder, pre-workout, post-workout, pills, gels, energy powder, etc. All these supplements, some of them of dubious regulatory loophole status, promising miraculous gains and all sorts of special shortcuts. Shiny packaging, badass-looking marketing, the whole shebang.

Eventually, I realized that you can source your nutrients from normal food. I don't need some magic powder with a slick logo to gain muscle or to get in better shape. In a way, all these products seem to revolve the mentality of juicing but legally and halfway. The regulatory loophole also opens the door for questionable drug dealing marketing tactics. Everyone wants a shortcut or a magic trick to give them the advantage, but the truth is often difficult and boring.

I think it starts with the protein powder. It's convenient and often tastes delicious, and I've had a ton of it. It's not really dangerous or prohibitively expensive, but I don't think it's really necessary. I've replaced the protein powder with beans. Beans are delicious, very rich in protein, and can be incorporated into a normal meal. Of course there are more protein rich foods like meat and other plants, but I make gains with beans. Bean gains.

Is there anyone else here that has foregone the standard buffet of workout supplements in favor of nutritious foods? Do you think nutritious foods lack something essential found in dietary supplements? Interested to hear your thoughts and experiences. Thanks.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/3380bA8

0 comments:

Post a Comment